Welcome to the Internships Program in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Have you officially applied for academic credit for your internship? Click here to begin the online internship application.
The Internship Program provides you with opportunities to explore careers, acquire professional experience, and prepare for post-graduate employment. Through the Program, you can earn credit through your major, concentration, or minor for relevant work experience, or you can earn elective credit for work experience unrelated to your primary coursework.
Some of the benefits of completing an internship include the following:
- Developing professional writing and presentation skills
- Gaining an understanding of the industry’s standards and challenges
- Determining the elements of the organization’s culture and your fit within it
- Networking, building relationships, and developing professional contacts
- Prioritizing time and responsibilities and managing projects
- Testing aspirations and goals in the workplace
- Setting new aspirations and goals based on your internship experience
Students should review the internship guidelines prior to applying for internship credit.
Please note: In keeping with College and University policies, Internship Credit must be applied for in advance and retroactive credit will not be awarded for any internship experience.
Additionally, the Office for Undergraduate Students reserves the right to reject any internship on the grounds of lack of academic rigor.
Have questions about internships?
E-mail: Kate Szumanski at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit: SAC 107