After a hugely successful Majors Fair this year, the planning committee is looking to get started on next year’s event! The Major’s Fair Committee will consist of a small group of select students, a student chairperson, and a faculty advisor.
The group will meet every other week in the Spring 2014 semester, and weekly in the Fall 2014 semester until the event, which will be held on Friday, October 3, 2014 from 1-4pm. Duties of the student committee will include logistics, contacting departments with information, coordinating volunteers, creating and executing a theme, etc.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please fill out the application HERE no later than Wednesday, December 4th at 6pm. After your application is received, you will be contacted for an interview, which will take place in January. Please also direct any questions to email@example.com.
With the support of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Office for Undergraduate Students, the Majors Fair is the largest student-run event on campus! Get involved on campus and be part of the planning committee!
Click here for the application.
All of OUS’ events for the week, in one place.
1. The Place to Begin
Monday, October 1, 2012, 3:30pm-4:30pm, SAC 300
- Start your professional development plan!
- Discuss career searches, international interviews, leadership opportunities, networking, recommendations, cover letters, and more!
- Registration required: please complete the form here.
2. BRIDGE Society – Law, Politics & Government Mentoring & Networking Event
Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 6:00pm-8:00pm, Garey Hall Café
- This is an opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced industry professionals. Students will be grouped with a professional mentor to discuss the industry and their individual career journey, followed by an open networking event for all attendees.
- Registration is required: please complete the form here.
3. Arts and Sciences Majors Fair
Friday, October 5, 2012, 1pm-4pm, Villanova Room, Connelly Center.
- Meet with department representatives to learn about the different majors available in the College of Arts & Sciences.
- Both attendees and volunteers will be able to enter a raffle to win the grand prize of dinner for two at Moshulu, as well as many other gifts!
- Refreshments and snacks will be available during the event.
Hey Arts & Sciences’ Students, are you still undecided about your major? Do you want to add a second major or a minor?
Come to the Majors Fair, Friday, October 5th from 1pm-4pm in the Villanova Room, Connelly Center.
Here’s some info on the event from the Majors Fair Committee:
The Majors Fair is a wonderful event to attend. Held each Fall, the event has been very helpful for students who are still looking for a major or who would like to see what other majors are out there. Consider it “major” shopping on a Friday afternoon!
With all of the different departments present, it is difficult not to come out of the fair with at least some idea of an academic path one might want to pursue. There will be multiple booths with all sorts of information regarding majors, as well as concentrations and minors within each department. Additionally, there will be tables with information on academic advising, internships, and professional development.
The Majors Fair Committee has been meeting regularly in order to make this the best majors fair yet!
This year, both attendees and volunteers will be able to enter a raffle to win the grand prize of dinner for two at Moshulu, as well as many other gifts!
Refreshments and snacks will be available during the event, as well! Hope to see you there!