Seventy is the only independent non-partisan government watchdog in the region fighting tirelessly for better government by involving more citizens in public life, promoting greater competition among candidates and parties, and making sure that our public officials are held accountable.
Seventy’s Communications and Fundraising Interns work with the Vice President for Development and Operations and Development Manager and are provided with hands-on experience in donor research and cultivation, organizational branding, and revenue generating events.
Seventy speaks out when others can’t and uses it reputation as an honest broker to:
• Educates citizens on how government can work better;
• Fights for the best use of taxpayers’ dollars, calling attention to government misconduct and wastefulness;
• Monitors and work to ensure fair and well-run elections; and
• Advocates for efficiency, transparency and ethical behavior from public officials and all branches of regional governments.
The Committee of Seventy is looking for an energetic self-starter seeking professional communication, development and non-profit experience. The intern will report directly to the Development Manager.
Responsibilities may include:
• Support Seventy’s website including content creation, editing and image searches to populate the site.
• Assist with all fundraising efforts including prospect research, events and the implementation of a new membership program.
• Contribute and grow Seventy’s social media and online presence. Dependent on the identified intern’s interest and experience, develop in-house videos to highlight mission, supporters and promote audience engagement.
• Develop and enhance communications materials, including news alerts, messages to the board, fundraising packets and original content.
• Track and record Seventy’s impact using Google Analytics, TrackVia, and Meltwater.
• Assist individuals who call the new 855-SEVENTY hotline or submit inquiries via email. Interns will be trained in the basics of local government and Philadelphia politics – particularly with regard to elections and voting.
Students must show initiative, flexibility and creativity. Strong organizational, communications, writing and research skills are a must.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Beth Vogel at firstname.lastname@example.org