Passionate about social media, shopping online, and where the two intersect? We have an internship for you! The Community Management Intern – Design, reporting to the Social Media and Marketing Team, is a role that engages with customers and creates content on QVC’s new social platform.
Engage Customers: Your role is to build community on QVC’s new social shopping platform, toGather. The Community Management Intern – Design is going to ensure a seamless customer experience across the platform. You will be responding across the platform and working with the team to test content and gauge response. Tasks will also include Customer Engagement off the platform.
Content Creation: You will curate product collections based on product you love. You will take and add additional photos to the product site using your mobile phone. This content will bring you into the community as a QVC toGather Community manager where you will engage customers by engaging in conversation, responding to questions, and asking customers how to make QVC toGather a better experience. Tasks will also include Marketing Promotions, bug reporting, proactive recommendations, enhancement ideas. Design-specific interns will create visual content to be used on the platform and assist the Design team with product-related tasks.
- Currently enrolled and actively taking classes towards an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited institution of higher education
- Adobe Creative Suite specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Passionate about quality design and attention to detail
- You have great passion for shopping in fashion, home & garden, cooking or electronics categories
- Your friends describe you as a fun, outgoing, creative, and always there to help.You use shopping applications such as ModCloth, Nasty Gal, Gilt, Etsy, Wanelo, or Fab
- You are a college student majoring in Marketing, Social Media, PR or Design
- You have working knowledge of social media and web/digital based technologies are required as well as knowledge of various computer programs including: PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- You are self-motivated, outstanding communicator (written and verbal), and a team-player with a positive attitude.
- You place an emphasis on attention to detail and consistency of style
- You find it rewarding to help people; is passionate about community and customer service; are full of patience and a positive energy that is contagious
Preferred Requirements: Video experience is preferered but not required.
QVC, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation attributed to the Liberty Interactive Group (Nasdaq: LINTA), is one of the largest multimedia retailers in the world. QVC is committed to providing its customers with thousands of the most innovative and contemporary beauty, fashion, jewelry and home products. Its programming is distributed to approximately 200 million homes worldwide. The company’s website, QVC.com, is ranked among the top general merchant Internet sites. With operations in the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, Italy, and a joint venture in China, West Chester, Pa.-based QVC has shipped more than a billion packages in its 25+ year history. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
QVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or handicap, marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law.