Reports To: Manager, Customer Insight and Analytics
Hours: Based college/university credit hour requirements and the Flyers home game schedule
Summary: Learns to engage fans in a professional manner and obtain data to be utilized by Marketing and Sales in driving business decisions. This is done by administering satisfaction surveys through electronic Palm Pilot units to fans as they enter the building on game nights and then analyzing this data to call out relevant information.
• Open to COLLEGE Juniors, Seniors, and Graduate Students who are seeking internship experience for class credit as part of the curriculum; Degree seeking students in marketing, business administration, advertising, management, sports marketing, or related programs preferred
• No financial compensation is available and transportation and housing arrangements are the responsibility of the Intern
• The internship is not paid and does not guarantee or imply future employment; however, this program provides career-minded students practical work experience and the opportunity to develop valuable relationships with industry professionals
• Knowledge of general office equipment and computers is helpful
• Knowledge of MS Office and Internet search engine required
• Candidates must also display a high level of maturity, a solid work ethic, and good social skills, be goal-oriented and have the ability to multi-task
1. Approach fans in an enthusiastic manner to fill out satisfaction surveys on handheld Palm Pilot units.
2. Meet a pre-determined amount of completed surveys per night.
3. Learn to analyze data collected and present survey results using Turnkey, Market Sight and Microsoft Excel.
4. Review relevant journals and Market Research articles to gain insight into current trends and how research is being used to drive business. Put together written analysis on the role of Customer Insight and Research within today’s sports.
5. Learn to review and further develop current surveys used throughout the season to create more effective data collection.
6. Partake in data collection efforts needed outside of game night duties. *i.e. if the Marketing department is conducting community outreach campaigns, allow small groups of interns to assist in name collection for lead generation or administer short surveys as needed.
7. Learn to answer customer questions and concerns during game nights, and direct people to different areas throughout the arena as needed.
8. Assist with giveaways and promotional items when necessary.
9. All other objectives as assigned.
To apply: click here.