The overall goal of the B101 station Internship Program is to provide students with a first-hand glimpse into the day to day workings of one of the top radio stations in the Philadelphia Market. We do this by presenting a broad view of the industry as a whole, with a focus on the various departments with the radio station. B101 is currently looking for interns to fill a number of positions for the upcoming fall semester in a diverse range of areas.
All interns will be required to meet with each Department Head within the Company to gain a broader understanding of the Station’s operations and how each Department works together to achieve the overall goals of the Company.
B101 General Station Internship Program
- Work mainly with the promotions department, but receive overall understanding of each department and how they relate to each other.
- Assist in event planning, corporate communications and other areas of public relations
- Research area events
- Assist with marketing research projects
B101 Morning Show Internship Program
- Work mainly with the Morning Show, but receive overall understanding of each department and how they relate to each other.
- Screen phone calls to go on-air
- Log the entire show
- Help book celebrity and local news guests for interviews
- Edit and record various audio segments
- Search for show playback
- Update and help maintain show website
B101 News & Public Affairs Internship Program
- Work mainly with our News & Public Affairs Director, but receive overall understanding of each department and how they relate to each other.
- Function as Associate Producer of the hour-long, award-winning program “The Women’s File”
- Assist in booking guests for the show
- Researching program segments
- Writing introductions and segues
- Corresponding with listeners
- Assisting in the editing process
- Will also learn to cover news stories, conduct a journalistic interview, develop community outreach programs, write Public Service Announcements and produce a news documentary
Sales Internship Program
- Work with Sales Managers, Account Executives and Sales Assistants
- Assist in the creation of Media Kits used on Sales appointments
- Work with Promotions to fulfill promotional/added-value obligations with clients
- Create Promotional Recaps for clients
- Participate in brainstorming meetings regarding upcoming client promotions and/or sales presentations
- Research clients and industry trends
- Research sales leads
- Attend the weekly Sales Promotion Meeting
Where available, interns will have an opportunity to attend a sales call with an Account
Students interested in any of these internships should contact the Internship Program for more details and may submit their applications to Internships@b101radio.com.