We are pleased to announce the third annual Fashion Campus NYC program!
Parsons the New School For Design and the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) launched Fashion Campus NYC in 2011 to expose undergraduate students to the variety of business-related career paths in NYC’s fashion industry.
This year Fashion Campus NYC will take place over three evenings starting Monday, July 22, through Wednesday, July 24, 2013.
Event highlights include:
- A keynote speech from a top fashion executive
- A peer panel discussion featuring young professionals working on the business side of the industry
- A networking social with fashion executives and human resource managers (previous employer participants include Aeropostale, American Eagle, Calvin Klein, Coach, Elie Tahari, Gilt Groupe, John Varvatos, Lord & Taylor, Macy’s, Polo Ralph Lauren, Saks Fifth Avenue)
- Small-group workshop sessions organized by career path
In order to apply, undergraduate students must:
- Have a for-credit or paid internship in NYC this summer
- Be a rising college/university junior or senior in good standing
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Be able to attend all of the program’s events
Please note: Fashion Campus NYC focuses exclusively on the business of fashion and is not geared toward design or journalism. Their goal is to educate participants on disciplines such as buying and planning, merchandising, product development, PR/marketing, sales and e-commerce. Participants should have business or fashion-related internships and backgrounds. Space is limited and early applications are encouraged.
Applications will be accepted until June 24th on fashioncampusnyc.com.