Marketing and Business Development Intern
Gain exposure to marketing functions in a growing marketing agency. Learn the inner workings of a niche agency focused on serving clients in professional service industries including technology, finance, management consulting, healthcare and academia.
This agency supports startups in addition to well-established clients, allowing for an interesting and challenging set of client-related tasks and significant learning opportunities. We often collaborate with international clients, partners and vendors to achieve project goals
This position can be part-time (15-20 hours/week) or full-time (30-40 hours/week). It is a temporary assignment with the potential to expand into a continuing, paid position for the right candidate.
- January – December 2013. Minimum commitment is 3 months.
- Parking stipend
- Other compensation to be determined based on experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Marketing research, including web-based research, Phone survey data collection and data analysis
- Set up and management of social media activities and landing pages (Hubspot)
- Setup of marketing database (Salesforce, MailChimp)
- Assist with product conceptualization and development
- Special marketing projects: preparation of podcast series, drafting project summaries and other content for digital marketing materials and new products
- Writing – drafting newsletter stories, project summaries and other content
- Project management – completing client-related and internal office projects as needed
- Copying and filing as needed
- Motivation, energy, diligent work ethic
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; tact is essential in client interactions
- Strong writing
- Attention to detail,even while under pressure
- General understanding of the field of marketing and audience segmentation
- Knowledge of social media platforms and comfort with learning to use new online tools
- Knowledge of standard office software – Windows and Mac environments
Education and Qualifications
- Academic pursuits that require research,writing and information management skills.
- Interest in exploring or pursuing a business management and/or marketing career.
- International travel and work experience a plus
- Prior work experience within the field of marketing is helpful.
Benjamin Waxman Communications, LLC, has offices in downtown Salem, MA. The invigorating office environment is home to a range of marketing professionals with a clear focus and intense intellectual curiosity. We enjoy figuring things out, thinking big and sweating the details. Serving the client is paramount. Creating a space where excellent client service is an enjoyable endeavor is essential.
We approach marketing at a strategic level before putting any messaging into play and our work in the marketing/communications field goes into areas far more diverse than simply advertising. Take time, before you apply, to learn more about us here: www.btwaxman.com.
Please send a well-written letter of interest explaining your work and academic background and your motivation for seeking this position. Include your resume. Email this information to: Elizabeth@btwaxman.com.