Check back every Tuesday for a new Featured Internship of the Week!
- Communications Internship
- Interns will support the corporate communications and public affairs team by assisting with special event planning, including community health screening programs, as well as corporate events for Health Partners and the Health Partners Foundation.
- In addition, the intern will have the opportunity to develop copy for Health Partners’ printed materials and publications, including the internal employee newsletter, support media outreach, and contribute creative ideas, copy and visual concepts for marketing materials.
- Interns will also conduct market and other research, support administrative functions may be asked to work some evening/weekend hours at events.
- This unpaid internship provides an opportunity for students to build and/or expand a professional portfolio and to obtain face time with key audiences, including members of the healthcare community, media affiliates, Health Partners and KidzPartners members, elected officials and dignitaries etc.
- Students must receive academic credit for the internship experience and provide documentation.
- A complete internship description and requirements are below: This internship offers the opportunity for an undergraduate college student studying communications/public relations or a related field to gain hands-on experience in a corporate setting. The program is designed to provide the student with practical work experience as part of his or her education degree program. Program components assist the students with knowledge in their field of study through career-related experience and projects as well as sample work that can be used to build or enhance a professional marketing communications portfolio.
- •Strong oral and written communications skills •Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines •A self-motivator and “go-getter” •Able to work independently as well as part of a team •Experience in researching and fact-checking •Journalism/writing experience preferred •Basic knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook •Ability to effectively communicate with multiple audiences, including: Health Partners staff, members (Spanish and/or Asian language skills a plus) •Comfortable with speaking to individuals and to groups of people; i.e. media, Health Partners staff
- Must receive academic credit for the internship experience and provide documentation.
- Weekend/evening availability/flexibility in schedules
- Minimum of 15 hrs. per week; 20 – 35 hrs per week during peak season (May –Aug) Interns are asked to provide writing samples for consideration when applying for this internship.
- Please submit your writing samples along with your resume to Arlacia Tisdale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Health Partners: Health Partners is a not-for-profit health plan serving nearly 170,000 members in the Greater Philadelphia region. Its HealthChoices Medicaid plan consistently ranks number one in the area for member satisfaction in an annual consumer survey, and was the first plan in the nation to receive the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Multicultural Health Care Distinction. In 2009, the company launched KidzPartners, which provides free or low-cost health insurance to uninsured children and teens through CHIP, Pennsylvania’s Children’s Health Insurance Program. Founded more than 25 years ago, Health Partners is one of the few hospital-owned health plans in the country and has received national recognition for its innovations in managed care. It was recently ranked as the 3rd best large company to work for in a Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News survey. For more information about Health Partners, please visit www.healthpart.com.