- Convention Event Staffing Internship, Events and Hospitality
- Fall, Spring, Summer
- Flexible but at least 15 hours a week
- Philly Temps & Perm, the premiere Philadelphia administrative staffing agency, seeks an Intern starting after Winter Break. Applicants must be currently enrolled in a relevant program and highly motivated to enter into the staffing or hospitality industry. Interest in human resources or event planning is vital to this position.
- Intern will have the opportunity to work closely with staff in creating and executing marketing programs, developing and maintaining client relationships, as well as working with the Convention Services Manager to execute events. This is a flexible internship, although a commitment of 10-15 hours a week at least will be required. Internship may also apply for course credit.
- Daily Duties Include: Assisting Convention Services Manager, working in the Philly Temps office and on-site at the Convention Center and various event locations, pre-screening candidates for employment, scheduling candidate interviews, participating in candidate interviews and testing process, researching contacts and updating databases, distributing marketing materials in Center City, light general office and clerical work, assisting various office personnel as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a general comfort with computers
- Poised, professional, and comfortable working in a fast-pace business environment
- Highly organized self-starter, able to follow direction without constant supervision
- Ability to multi-task and respond quickly to changing direction
- Pleasant demeanor and enjoy working with people
- Danielle Smith, Conventions and Events Staffing Manager
- Phone: 215-731-1010
- Fax: 215-875-2870
- Email to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Phillytemps.com