Here’s your one stop for this week’s OUS events.
1. BRIDGE Society Networking Event
Thursday, September 6, 2012, 6:00pm-8:00pm, Garey Hall Cafe
Interested in joining the only Society sponsored by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences? The BRIDGE Society seeks to build relationships among students and alumni in the the Arts and Sciences, to inspire both student professional development and alumni institutional development, as well as provide a forum for students to gain the experiences necessary to forge their future direction.
Join the BRIDGE Society this Thursday night to learn about networking skills and to test out your own skills with other students. Meet current members and find out more about joining the Society!
- Registration can be found here: https://sp.artsci.villanova.edu/ous/Lists/BRIDGE%20Events/NewForm.aspx
- Any questions: BridgeSocietyVU@gmail.com
2. Leadership, Professional Development & Internships Workshop:
The Place to Begin
Friday, September 7, 2012, 3:30pm-4:30pm, SAC 300
This workshop covers the necessary steps to build a strong foundation for professional development and future success. Following the steps, you will learn how to create a professional development plan to identify and pursue your academic and professional interests and goals. You will learn about the role of assessments in professional satisfaction and how to use this self knowledge to market yourself for positions. Career searches, informational interviews, leadership opportunities, networking, recommendations, and cover letters will be discussed. You’ll leave the workshop with a process to explore your professional interests and an understanding of the resources available at Villanova to maximize your professional development.
- Students are strongly recommended to attend a workshop before scheduling an individual appointment with the Leadership & Professional Development staff.
- Registration is required at https://sp.artsci.villanova.edu/ous/Lists/Internship%20Registration%20Form/NewForm.aspx
- Any questions: Please email email@example.com